So I started out on a “what can I find and combine in my fridge” mission tonight and this is what I came up with in the end. It was delicious. Subtle flavors, very wholesome, slightly sweet. Great as a vegetarian meal (serve over wild rice) and as a nice side dish. It would pair great with roasted pork or chicken.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 1 bunch of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
- 1\2 cup sliced red onion
- 1\2 cup walnuts (I broke mine up a little bit)
- 2 Bosc pears, skin on and thinly sliced
- 1\3 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- 3 tablespoons organic honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons diced fresh ginger
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all your ingredients (except the cheese) into a large bowl and stir until it’s all blended well.
Pour into a shallow baking dish. Bake for 40 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Stir in the cheese as soon as you remove it from the oven.