- 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 yukon gold potatoes, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup shredded aged Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Preheat over to 400. Spray a large cookie sheet with olive oil. Arrange sliced potatoes in a layer and put your onions on top. Spray with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 30 minutes.
Before taking your potatoes out of the oven, heat some olive oil on a 12 in skillet. Remove potatoes and stir into your egg mixture.
Pour in the egg mixture, cover and cook until the edges are set and the bottom is browned, 4 to 5 minutes on medium heat. (it will still be moist in the center).
This was my first time making this and while the taste was amazing, I think the final steps take some practice, for sure. Mine certainly didn’t turn out perfectly shaped. I made the mistake of getting the oil too hot initially. 😉