- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 can black beans (may also add 1 can kidney beans)
- 1 package frozen white corn
- 2 cups chopped red onion
- 2 cups chopped white onion (may decrease to 1 cup of each onions, I just like onions…)
- 1 bottle Guinness
- 1 tube or can of tomato paste
- 1 container of beef broth
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 -2 jalapeno peppers
- 2 tablespoons mince garlic
- 1\3 cup chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoon chipolte chili pepper (or 1 can of chipoltes in adobo sauce)
- sea salt/cracked pepper to taste IF you want it
Turn oven on to broil, spray peppers with some olive olive and broil until skins start to blacken. Allow to cool. Wrap in a paper towel and lightly scrub off the ‘skin’. Chop and set aside.
Rinse corn under cool water. Allow to dry and spread on a cookie sheet. Spritz with olive oil and broil until lightly roasted, golden brown.
In large pot put your pork and beef, start to cook. Add onions and garlic until meat is almost done.
Pour entire beer over to finish. Next add your other liquids, tomato paste and broth. Then your corn, beans, peppers and seasonings.
I like to let this simmer for at least 2 hours.
- 2-3 avocados
- 1 serrano or jalapeno pepper
- 1\3 cup diced cilantro
- 1 lime
- sea salt (3-4 twists)
- 1\3 cup diced red onion
Cube your avocados and add in other ingredients. Make this 15 minutes before you serve your chili.
(you can make this the night of or the night before)
1 box of jiffy cornbread, prepare according to package in a square or round cake pan
Allow to cool. Cut into cubes, spray with butter or olive oil PAM and bake at 350 until crunchy and golden
1 package of aged sharp cheddar. Shred it and top your chili!