- 1 package bone in short ribs (about 2 lbs, feeds 2-4)
- 1\2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1\4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger (or ginger paste)
- 1\4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1-2 crushed thai chili (you could use red pepper flakes, I just like spicy)
- 1\2 cup sliced fresh snap peas
- 1 bunch chives
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Combine pineapple juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, sesame oil and chilis. Blend well. This is your marinade and sauce. Marinate the meat for at least one hour but preferably overnight.
Then combine it all in a slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours. Once the meat is tender, pull it off the bone, shredding it. Pour your ‘sauce’ into a skillet over medium high and thicken it with the cornstarch. Add the pulled short rib and bring to a fast boil, coating the meat. Add your chives and snap peas. Turn off the heat and cover it. Allow to sit for 2-3 minutes this way before serving. Serve over rice.