- 1 package chicken strips – allow to come to room temp. Sprinkle with sea salt, chipolte chili powder and garlic powder. Grill after you’ve made your sauces.
- 1\2 cup crumbled queso fresco
In small food processor combine:
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 cup red onion
- 1/2 lime (rind removed)
- 1 table spoon minced garlic
- 1 serrano or 1 jalapeno pepper
- a little cumin
- a little sea salt
Blend until finely chopped. I split the mixture into four containers. 1\3 for making guacamole. 1\3 for making cilantro cream. (for the other 1\3 it goes into the next two things) And about four table spoons of it to blend in with 1 cup of prepackaged cole slaw mix. Another couple of tablespoons to throw into the tomatillos when you get done with them on the grill
On the grill-
- 5 small tomatillos (cleaned)
- 1\2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
Roast it until it’s literally browning and simmering in it’s own sauce. Allow to cool, then throw in the food processor with the cilantro onion mixture.
- 1\2 cup ff sour cream and your cilantro/red onions (stir, chill)
Grill your corn tortillas until the start to ‘puff’. Chop up the chicken from the grill, use your cheese, spoon over your tomatillo salsa, top with cabbage and then a tablespoon of your cilantro cream.